We are one of India’s well known manufacturers and suppliers of FRP V Notch. They are used to measure small discharge of seepage from drains and gallery of masonry dam. The V-Notch can measure discharge from 1 Lit / sec to 120 Lit / sec. maximum. V-Notches are superior are more accurate in measuring low discharges in comparison to flumes because head over the crest is large and thus flow remains unaffected by surface tension and viscosity. Though V -Notch has its limitations for using in field channel yet it is suitable for measurement of seepages from dam.
The limits of V-Notch as per IS parameters. They are as follows.
- H/p should be limited from 0.2 to 2
- P/B should be less than 0.1 to 1
- B/h max should be less than 3
- H should not be less than 6 cm.
- Straight reach more than 20 times h max
- Gauge marking should be at 4 to 5h max
- The nappe should be fully ventilated
- P should be nearly 10 cm
Available sizes of V – Notch
|Sr. No.||Capacity||V-Section in Centimeter||Over all Plate Size in Centimeter|